I’m a Kansas City (Olathe suburb on the Kansas side) product, raised in Olathe, and attended KU for college (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!) where I obtained two degrees in engineering. I reside in Olathe now with my wife, 3 kids and 1 dog.
Around 2001 I started running 5k’s up to ½ marathons. I had always worked out with weight training, running and mountain biking since high school football. Mountain biking and running lead me to running off-road duathlons and a few mountain bike races in 2002. In 2003 I signed up for a duathlon, not realizing I would need a road bike, which I did not own at the time. I borrowed someone’s steel road bike and placed 2nd in my age group. I was hooked on on-road duathlons and running races while despising swimming. In 2005 I ran my first triathlon and have been racing ever since overcoming my disdain for the water.
USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coach, IRONMAN University Certified Coach, Masters Swim Instructor.
- 11 x marathon finisher (PR 3:25:03 – 2019)
- 16 x Half IRONMAN finisher (PR 5:01:01 – 2017)
- 12 x Full IRONMAN finisher (PR 11:48:00 – 2014)
- Multiple sprints, Olympic and long course triathlon finishes
- 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021 – 2023 All World Athlete qualified for IRONMAN events
- 2016 – 2024 Olympic Distance USAT Age Group National Championship Qualifier
- 2017, 2021 Olympic Distance USAT Age Group National Championship Competitor
- 2023 IRONMAN 70.3 Worlds Qualifier
READY TO SET THE PACE?