2023 Set The Pace Off Season + 2024 Season Planner
I’m putting together an off season offer combining everything that I usually get requests for, but cutting to the chase instead of having it piece by piece.
I’m cutting to the quick so people are set for the year and they aren’t having to pay a lot more doing each individually through the year by having it for a 1 time $500 fee.
- Off season program of 20 weeks (I have from sprint to IM distance and from beginner to advanced). Includes intermittent fitness assessments.
- Race plan based on your event and fitness (beg – int – adv) of 20 weeks for a 70.3 and Olympic or 24 weeks for full IM. If there is a gap from off season to race plan, I will fill it.
- Both of those plans I will apply in your TP calendar and arrange to fit your schedule that you will send me via a google intake form.
- I will upgrade your TP account to Premium for the entire length of the plan so you can move workouts if you need to
- 1 hour phone/zoom consultation to discuss anything about your journey you want my input on
- Swim or Run assessment from video you take and send me
- Access to my online club for discounts and educational content (see below for what all is included in that)
- Set The Pace Hat
- 50% discount on coaching services if you decide to switch at any time
WHAT YOU GET IN THE SET THE PACE TRIATHLON MEMBERSHIP
- Access to the educational modules to take you from sign up to finish line for specific events like IRONMAN Tulsa, IRONMAN Texas, 70.3 Chattanooga and more!
- On demand to watch at your own pace
- Race venue specific courses
- Pre-season / Off season
- Race specific plan
- Get your gear ready
- Race prep
- 2 weeks out
- Race week
- Day before the race
- Race day
- Set The Pace Triathlon Hat while supplies last
- Race Day Planner // Excel version
- What you need to be scoping out before you start heading to race site
- Get your mind right
- Reduce anxiety by being proactive
- Sweat rate + Nutrition calculator
- Track your fluid losses over time and stay ahead on race day
- Find the right mix of calories at the right time of the race
- Discounts with Set The Pace Partners
- TheMagic5 Swim Goggles
- BOCO apparel
- Kurt’s Bars
- Rudy Project
- Rapid Reboot Compression Boots
- Access to PDF’s workout as they are created throughout the year
- Access to discounts to STP partners and sponsors
- Access to instructional video library
- Course specific tips
- Triathlon training and racing tips
- Triathlon Checklist // Excel version
- Links to suggested products
- Recommended what to bring to each and every race!
- PDF of suggested workouts
- Swim, bike, run
- Strength specifically for endurance athletes
- Print off and keep for on the go
- Read from your phone
- PDF book of triathlon and endurance tips
- I have answered a lot of questions, so this puts all of my advice from 2018 to present all in one place
- Great for long flights and car rides!
- Print and take anywhere
- Read from your phone and tablet
- Advice from 10 time IM, 15 time HIM and 100+ endurance event finisher
- Level 1 USAT Triathlon Coach
- IRONMAN University Certified Coach
- PDF of fitness tests protocols and calculator to set zones
- Heart Rate
- 50% off coaching services
I’m a Kansas City (Olathe suburb on the Kansas side) product, raised in Olathe, and attended KU for college (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!) where I obtained two degrees in engineering. I reside in Olathe now with my wife, 3 kids, 3 dogs. 1 hedge hog and 1 cat found abandoned along side the road on a long training ride.
Growing up I played sports here and there. I wasn’t exactly athletically gifted and although not picked last at kickball, I was next to last usually. Around 2001 I started running 5k’s up to ½ marathons. I had always worked out with weight training, running and mountain biking since high school football, where I was used more for a tackling dummy at practice than a key contributor on game day. Mountain biking and running lead me to running off-road duathlons and a few mountain bike races in 2002. In 2003 I signed up for an on-road duathlon, not realizing I would need a road bike, which I did not own at the time. I borrowed someone’s steel road bike and placed 2nd in my age group. I was hooked on on-road duathlons and running races while despising swimming. In 2005 I ran my first triathlon and have been racing triathlons ever since overcoming my disdain for the water.
- USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coach
- IRONMAN University Certified Coach
- Masters Swim Instructor
- IRONMAN Become One first time IROMAN athlete program lead
- 11 x marathon finisher (PR 3:25:03 – 2019)
- 16 x Half IRONMAN finisher (PR 5:01:01 – 2017)
- 12 x Full IRONMAN finisher (PR 11:48:00 – 2014)
- Multiple sprints, Olympic and long course triathlon finishes
- 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021 – 2023 All World Athlete qualified for IRONMAN events
- 2016 – 2024 Olympic Distance USAT Age Group National Championship Qualifier
- 2017, 2021 Olympic Distance USAT Age Group National Championship Competitor
- 2023 IRONMAN 70.3 Worlds Qualifier
My coaching philosophy is serving athletes to reach their goal. First timers, moving up in distance, getting faster times… if you want to take on the challenge or improve from last time, I’m your man! I also realize that EVERY athlete is time-crunched, but there’s an under serving for athletes that are money-crunched. Instead of lowering rates and watering down plans and services, I have taken upon myself to condense my knowledge into digestible chunks that are AFFORDABLE whether it be very specific took kits or memberships to cut the fluff and get you what you really need. I have something for you!